Just from a personal level, above and beyond my absolute love and admiration for my children, one of the things I love most about being a mom is being appreciated for sharing the best part of myself. It’s not because I’m smart or did a lot of work, but because I have love and care and attention to share, and they need it and they know it and I know it.
- Misfits from the Beehive State by Kristin Ann King.
- Minecraft Writing Prompts
- Fanfiction for Kids
- Long Time No Post
- Compatriots in writer’s block
- Asking the wrong questions, getting the wrong answers
- When free speech is expensive
- Could collective cognition be manipulated?
- Musings on collective cognition
- Managing family screen time
- Poisoning the well of public debate
Tagsactivism anti-racism art billionaires book reviews books clara oswald Clarion West writeathon colonial united states common core cons creative writing workshops daily life doctor who doctor who action figures education family history fanfiction feminism feminist feminist who Frozen fun gender gift economy girl power hamlet high-stakes testing hugo awards independent bookstores indy authors journalism kids libraries marie kondo math media meta Misfits from the Beehive State movies nonprofits orson scott card parenting potlatch potlatch con privacy privatizing education public schools publishing racism reading reviewing reviews school closures schools science fiction sci fi culture wars self-care self-publishing shadow work slice of life sumer superheroes teacherlove teachers Teach for America teaching technology the mom job think tanks tidying unions ursula le guin voting writing
- 34,697 hits
- Follow Kristin Ann King on WordPress.com